Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Serena & Lily...Oh, how I love you so.



I just can't STAND it.

Upon opening my S&L email today I had to catch my breath, I literally just sat there reminding myself how to breathe. The bed? The linens, that bedside table? Even the staging of this room is a colossal source of inspiration to me. (Hullllo little girl that I don't have yet, this is your room, dollface!)

In fact, I've been toying with painting a room Honeysuckle for quite some time now, though in my head I believe I was thinking "Poppy". I tried to add some lamps and mirrors in a similar color but ended up with a big bucket of, "Um, no.".

However, the inspiration sounded all kinds of awesome in my head:


I've been obsessing about this color group for awhile now
(Can you tell? I even matched entire outfits around it)


If I painted my walls to perfectly match my Amy Butler laptop case that I won from an LG Treasure Hunt, I wouldn't be totally insane, would I? (I mean, it even has its own hook hanging on my bedroom wall and everything) 



For more Amy Butler purses, bags and cases, click HERE


But the more I stare at this color, it makes me think of how much I love Pantone's color of the year, Honeysuckle (PANTONE is soo in tune to my needs) but is it too pink? Hmmm...pondering...pondering...



...And now that my Layla Grace Pine Cone Hill Kiawah Duvet set has finally made its way to my happy little home, I think it might just give it the extra Pop! that I am craving. What do you think? Picture a semblance of this bed, with a Honeysuckle room (it's presently blue, and all of my bedding is white...it's like one giant, soft, pretty, cloud). It is too much, too dark? I truly think I love the idea of it. So inspiring and ...poppy.



To top it off I'd want this:
(which you can buy HERE)

And this:

(which you can buy HERE)



What can I say, I dream big.

PS-I WANT that bed.

4 comments:

EmTea Designs said...

So happy to see you are back to blogging! Love the bed!

Chrissa said...

Thank you so much, Emma!

I need to check into yours to see what you've been up to.

I have "Back in the Saddle again" stuck in my head, ahahaa.

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Chrissa- Go for the pink! It would be dreamy!

Loretta

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

I say GO FOR IT!! Honeysuckle isn't actually that pink, it's a blackened (toned down) red! Would look awesome with lots of white accents, I LOVE the little stool you found!

xo Linda